At national level, the CIF has a number of sectoral Associations that pursue the policy objectives of their sub-sector of the industry. The sectoral groups are divided into five main areas:
- Master Builders and Contractors Association
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association
- Mechanical & Electrical Contractors Associations
- Irish Home Builders Association
- Alliance of Specialist Contractors Associations, the umbrella group for 22 specialist sub-contracting associations within the Federation.