In order to make the CIF website more accessible to people with visual impairment and multiple disabilities, it has been designed with compliance to the strictest standards according to the W3C, the respected authority on web governance.
This website complies with the guidelines for accessible design as suggested by the World Wide Web Consortium and United States Governments Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act. The pages on this website validate according to the following standards:
- All pages on this site are WCAG-AA approved, complying with all priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All pages on this site are approved, complying with all of the Section 508 Guidelines.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 transitional.
- All pages utilize custom cascading style sheets (CSS) for content and layout, and have been validated by the W3C.
- All pages have real-time built in accessible functions, allowing dynamic font size adjustment and real time switching between high contrast and regular contrast color and layout settings.
Most browsers support jumping to specific webpage links by typing assigned keys on the keyboard.
Google Chrome 3 and higher
- 'Alt' on Windows
- 'Ctrl' + 'Opt' on Mac 'Alt' + 'Shift' on Linux
Firefox 2 & 3
- 'Alt' + 'Shift' on Windows and Linux
- 'Ctrl' on Mac
Prior to IE8, Alt + Access Key focused on the element, but required 'Enter' to be pressed in order to activate the element
- 'Ctrl' for Mac
- 'Alt' for Windows
Safari 4 and higher
- 'Ctrl'+'Opt' on Mac
- 'Alt' on Windows
The main navigation is identified by the following access keys:
Access Key + 1 - Home page
Access Key + 2 - Join CIF
Access Key + 3 - Member Services
Access Key + 4 - Member Search
Access Key + 5 - Training & Development
Access Key + 6 - Market Sectors
Access Key + 7 - What's New
Access Key + 8 - About Us
Access Key + 9 - Contact Us
All other pages can be accessed using the 'Tab' key
Browsealoud is a computer program that reads aloud all website content including PDF and MS Word documents. As you move the cursor over words, they are spoken aloud.
Browsealoud is a Windows browser plug-in designed for use with Internet Explorer 4 upwards or Netscape Navigator. If you install the Browsealoud plugin onto your PC, you can have the web pages on this website read back to you. To avail of this service, the Browsealoud plugin is available for download to your browser from http://www.browsealoud.com/. You can also take a video tour which will assist you on how to use Browsealoud, access the options and change the way Browsealoud will read content aloud to you.