CIF UK Advisory Panel
The CIF UK Advisory Panel in Dublin on a select number of Fridays, to view the availabe date login to the CIF member section of the CIF website.
On Wednesday 1st February 2012 CIF Director General Mr. Tom Parlon will launch the CIF UK Advisor Panel at the Institute of Civil Engineers in Westminster, London. This event will be the start of the process in making the panel accessible to our members and in due course Friday clinics will be offered by appointment only to CIF member who have need of the technical advice from our panel members. The appointment can be book with Robert Butler Executive Safety Environmental and Training Services once the dates are offered on our website.
CIF has in partnership with 6 UK service supplier established the CIF UK Advisory Panel to assist our members on the ground in the UK marketplace. The principle focus of the Advisory Panel is to provide CIF members with ready access to information in partnership with the following companies:
This service is only available to our current live members.
Ardent Tide offers construction businesses an efficient, cost effective and compliant way of contracting with self-employed workers compared to direct employment.
- As labour costs typically represent 40%+ of a typical contract many companies have to use self-employed labour, particularly in the South East Region of the UK.
- We contract with you and also with your workforce. This means we take on most of your (Employer) liabilities but you retain full control over the worker and the rates. As we contract with the workforce we are responsible for legal issues such as holiday pay and employment status.
- It is easy to confuse us with an Employment Agency but we do not supply labour. The reason our charges are comparatively low is due to the fact that you will typically have, or source, your own labour and we ensure they are engaged correctly.
- Companies save on administration and all associated costs relating to payroll and compliance. More importantly they remain competitive.
Donseed Ltd delivers labour cost savings, supports health and safety compliance and provides biometric access control solutions and an energy monitoring capability to construction companies across the UK and Ireland.
Project Hours Module
- Track productivity / hours on site, by individual, by organisation.
- Only pay own wage roll employees for time worked.
- Track labour for payment purposes (e.g. any “day works”) to support the final account settlement process.
- Validate the project labour hours in real time at any time to calculate the labour hours worked versus the labour hours projected in the programme at a point in time. Live information available at all times to support informed project decisions.
Health & Safety Module
- Real time evacuation attendance list.
- Track workers Health & Safety skills across multiple sites linking the relevant skill expiry dates to attendance on site. If a worker “clocks in” and has not been inducted or has an out of date Safe Pass/CSCS, the system can automatically send an email to the foremen/project manager/health & safety manager.
- Track all Health & Safety skills (e.g., MEWP, abrasive wheels) across sites.
- There is no limit to skills and tickets that can be tracked.
Energy Management Module
A web-based portal includes tracking utility usage, quantified savings, carbon emissions, costs, energy events and many more.
- Immediate savings of 10%-25% on energy bills.
- Automated, Real time data collection.
Evans Mockler will provide an initial free consultation of approximately one hour to discuss your company affairs either at our offices in London or alternatively our managing partner Martin Mockler is available on a Friday by appointment at the Construction Industry Federation offices in Dublin for a similar consultation. Alternatively our managing partner Martin Mockler is available on a Friday by appointment at the Construction Industry Federation offices in Dublin for a similar consultation. At these meetings we will explain the regulatory requirements for setting up a construction company in the UK and how best to comply with same to include achieving Gross Payment Status etc. We will also discuss the best way we can support you, not only in ensuring compliance but in other areas such as tax planning and business advice.
We provide compliance services for new companies including:
- New company formations
- Registration for VAT
- CIS and gross payment status issues
- Setting up payroll schemes
We also provide many other services such as:
- Accountancy and audit /Management accounts
- Tax planning, both corporate and personal
- Corporate finance.
Systech Solicitors Our core client base is comprised of contractors and sub-contractors; we have assisted many deliver projects outside their home countries. As such we are ideally placed to assist CIF members entering the UK market for the first time or those established companies encountering problems on existing UK projects.
The UK market is challenging and more than ever companies need to protect their interests and margins by selective training, robust contracts, risk management and effective contract administration. We can assist CIF members throughout the life of a UK project from procurement through to completion.
We regularly advise on:
- General procurement strategy,
- Contract advice, drafting bespoke terms, conditions and amendments,
- Contract risk reviews and collateral documentation – bonds, warranties, joint venture agreements, and company structures etc,
- Partnering, Framework, PPP and PFI arrangements, from pre-qualifying to financial close,
- Interpretation and administration of contract conditions and mechanisms,
- Dispute management, negotiation and resolution using mediation, adjudication, arbitration, expert determination or litigation in the Technology and Construction Court.
IBE Partnership are construction consultants who provide strategic and project advice and support to the public and private construction industry
At IBE Partnership we provide a powerful combination of knowledge and expertise in procurement, collaborative working, supply chain management, carbon management, lean construction techniques and continuous improvement.
We train, coach, assist and mentor Construction companies to become more efficient, effective, leaner and greener to win work and exceed demanding UK customer expectations
We train, coach and assist the establishment of Integrated Project Teams to optimise their construction processes and deliver better value through the implementation of Collaborative Working, Lean Construction and Environmental Sustainability (Carbon Management)
We can assist CIF members to develop a sustainable entry strategy to the UK construction market by providing them with client/sector intelligence, guidance on UK best practices, procurement opportunities in the public and private sector and hold their hand through the necessary steps to identify, bid, win and deliver their services in the UK
Bid to Win Assistance Programme
The UK construction over the last few years has moved into a new era of procurement, moving away from a traditional or historical lowest cost approach, to a collaborative, integrated approach where proven capability and performance in technical and soft aspects is as important or indeed more important than cost. This together with the rising establishment of regional and national frameworks the challenge to construction companies to secure a sustainable workload has increased.
We provide three levels of Assistance:
Level 1 - Bid to Win Training programme - This series of modules take the organisations through the necessary practical steps from PQQ to ITT and Interview, to enable better performance in their bid management, increasing confidence and success potential.
Level II – Procurement Health Checks – There may be times when you have wondered why you have failed with your PQQ or tender bidding process, or you may be about to submit a bid and you are not sure the best way to go about it?
We will within 24hrs of sending us your documents Review, Evaluate and make Recommendations on how to improve your PQQ or ITT submissions
Level III – Bid Writing – We will work with you and complete/write a professional bid submission be it a PQQ or an ITT as well as train, coach and mentor your teams to the various effective interview techniques
Pure Business Services
Pure Business Services are a forward thinking and rapidly expanding telecommunications provider for businesses nationwide. Over 3,100 UK businesses trust us with their telecoms and IT – with more joining every month. We offer small businesses a wide range of unified communications products, and work closely some of the biggest names in the telecoms and IT industry to ensure that our customers receive expert advice and competitive pricing. We’re proud to be the only independent and privately-owned company that deals direct with the Big Four – Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile and O2.
With a nationwide network of business centres, we’re right on your doorstep and always on hand to give you the service you deserve – personal, dedicated and prompt. We have more than 60 employees based out of five business centres across the UK who are always ready and eager to help.
We are Business Specialists
We only deal in the business sector because we have a good understanding of what businesses need: fast and efficient service, excellent customer care, cost savings and a no-nonsense approach where you get what’s right for your business.
Every business is different so you’re unlikely to get the best service, or savings, by simply popping into your local phone shop or high street IT superstore. This is why we see all of our customers face-to-face, to get a full understanding of what you need, and find out how we can save your business money.
We can assist CIF members with all of their telecommunications and IT headaches, and offer products and services relating to:
- IT & Cloud
Millennium Communications working in partnership with Pure Business Services.
Founded in 1999, Millennium Communications caters for the Corporate and SME market. This privately owned national business is focused on providing the highest quality mobile solutions available in the marketplace. They pursue excellence in every aspect of their business, allowing them to provide a first class service to their customers. The Business principals of Pure Business Services and Millennium Communications share a proud Irish heritage, and this was the catalyst to launch a joint venture in 2008 which enabled us to deliver our services throughout the whole of the UK.
With our award winning customer care processes and understanding of our customers’ requirements, we have become the benchmark for the delivery of high quality unified communication products and services. It is out pleasure and privilege to provide UK and Irish businesses with a single source for their telecommunication requirements. Having direct relationships with all four major networks allows us to deliver our service on an impartial basis with the most competitive market rates.
Details of Service offered to CIF members
As a CIF member you will be entitled to a free telecoms health check from one of our local Business Advisors. They will visit you at your convenience to analyse your current telecommunications and IT bills, pinpointing areas where they feel that money could be saved or performance could be improved, ultimately benefitting your business.
We pride ourselves on our customer support, and as a Pure Business Services customer you will be able to engage in a wealth of support services. We have three dedicated support services – Easy Switch, Total Care and Refresh - as well as an easy-to-use support section of our website which is continually updated with information about our services including telecommunications news, help with your handset and network support.
We know that you want to spend your time running your business, not worrying about your telecommunications and IT, wondering what will happen if something goes wrong. That’s why – along with our unrivalled online support services - we have three separate services designed to take away those headaches, leaving you free to get down to business.
- Easy Switch is designed so you can switch over to Pure effortlessly. Just one call to us and we’ll do everything for you. We won’t pester you with questions or bombard you with paperwork, and your service won’t be interrupted for a second. We’ll just get it done.
- Perhaps you want some advice on using your mobile, need to change something about your plan, or your hardware isn’t doing what you want it to do. Whatever it is, our Total Care team is there to help. When you do call us, you won’t have to wade through long lists of options only to be put on hold for an hour, nor do you have to explain your issue five times to people in an overseas call centre. Total Care understands that your concerns are important and need sorting fast. That’s why we have trained people at hand, ready to take any queries and solve them straight away.
- Our Refresh service is our way of making sure that you remain a happy customer. Even if the solution you originally signed up for was perfect at the time, businesses change and the last thing you want is to be stuck with a plan, or service, that’s not keeping up with your business. Refresh is about making sure we keep doing the right thing, every time, all the time. So we keep in touch, keep talking and keep giving you refreshingly good service.
So why Pure? We normally save our customers 20% on their bills and over 90% of our customers re-sign with us at the end of their contracts. 87% of calls to our UK-based customer service team are answered within twelve seconds, and 83% of queries are solved in a single phone call. So take a free telecoms health check today and together we’ll help your business grow.
OCB Site Services
OCB Site Services are a Health and Safety Consultancy who offer services due to the legal requirement for all Companies in the UK to have either an in-house or an external support function with regards to Health and Safety. We provide documentation including Health and Safety/Environmental policies, specific risk assessments and method statements. We also provide health and safety audits and inspections on site and in workshops.
We regularly deliver the Site Safety Plus suite of courses which are mandatory for any Construction Company wishing to work with any of the UKCG (United Kingdom’s Contractors Group) who are made up of over thirty of the largest Construction
Companies in the United Kingdom. The UKCG cumulatively turnover is in excess of £16 Billion pounds a year in the UK. We also deliver HSE approved First Aid at Work courses which are also mandatory for a number of the larger Construction companies. We also deliver Utility based courses run by EUSR and IOSH two leading awarding bodies in the Industry.
The CIF UK Advisory Panel has been established to facilitate our members who are now working inthe UK and may require assiatance with the normal day to day running of their business. To this end CIF has entered into a business relationship with the following companies who will offer assistance and advise to our members on the ground.
Attached is a document detailing the members of the CIF UK Advisory Panel and the services offered. The inital contact in all cases is free and the servcies are chargable afetr the inital meeting. All companies involved offer their particular service elemnt to a very high standard.
For more information on the CIF UK Advisory Panel click below;