Managing your relationship with your bank and/or NAMA
Securing and growing your construction business in today’s environment ensures, amongst other things, successful management of relationships with financial institutions and/or NAMA and a realistic and robust approach to your company’s short-, medium- and long-term financial and business planning. The CIF can help you across all these areas, providing you with in-house expertise derived from an ongoing interface with the key financial institutions and with NAMA, and access at significantly reduced rates to external expertise across the accountancy, legal, planning and project management arenas.
During 2010 the CIF announced the introduction of a new suite of professional services to assist members in their business and financial planning, including the preparation of business plans to underpin company viability and as part of bank and NAMA submissions. Through our ongoing engagement with NAMA and the main financial institutions, these supports have been further tailored and should be considered vital to the armoury of all construction companies.
These services are designed to best position you to, depending on individual requirements, identify and address the financial imperatives facing your company, to strengthen your position and leverage in relation to third parties, including debtors, and/or to help you deal effectively with your financial institutions.
The CIF’s services in these areas are characterised by a demonstrable track record of creativity, problem solving and success in relation to the construction and property sectors. The Federation has formed strategic business partnerships with external companies to further augment its offering in these areas and now boasts a unique range of services, tailored to the specific needs of the industry and informed by the organisation’s ongoing interface with key policy makers and implementers in this area.
The new services focus on critical issues including:
- Advice on how your particular business circumstances, whether arising from contracting or development, should be addressed
- Advice on best practice and how to deal with your financial institutions, including NAMA, in relation to business plans / work-out proposals
- Support with planning and development strategies for particular projects/developments
- Guidance to contractors who have NAMA bound debtor clients
- Economic and sub-sector analysis to support your business development strategies and workout plans
These services are available free of charge and exclusively to full CIF Members and are augmented by additional support services, provided by national leaders in accountancy and business services at agreed CIF discounted rates, in relation to the following:
- Company Restructuring
- Establishing/determining Business Viability
- Disentangling personal / company exposures
- Over gearing / financial stress
- Providing assurance:
- to banks on financial data, projections or business work plans and/or
- to you in relation to the financial data, projections or business plans of third parties with whom you are engaged, including debtors
- Managing stakeholder relationships and improving your leverage
- The preparation of business plans